Gnocchi di Polenta Farciti
This is a recipe from an old magazine I have, La Cucina Italiana . The issue is from November 5, 2002. I found the issue at a second hand store and it contains some wonderful, yummy recipes.
My quick version of this recipe makes it a delicious, fast way to have gnocchi for a weeknight meal.
Prep time: 1 hour; maybe less 🙂
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking polenta
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces of italian sausage
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon each of rosemary and sage, chopped
- Pre-made tomato or marinara sauce (either your own or your favorite store-bought)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup Grana Padano, grated (can substitute Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino Romano)
Brown sausage in a skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, garlic and herbs.
While the sausage is browning, sprinkle polenta into 1 quart boiling, salted water diluted with the milk and 1 tablespoon of olive oil; cook according to directions.
Divide polenta into 20 gnocchi balls and insert a little bit of sausage into each of the gnocchi balls.
Arrange them in an oven-safe dish over a layer of pre-made tomato sauce.
Sprinkle with cubed butter and grated cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees until cheese melts.