This strawberry spinach salad is a great summer side to add to any grilled meal. It travels well so it’s an easy salad to bring to a picnic. It can be assembled ahead and won’t spoil.
The dressing is simple. You can tweak it to your liking by substituting different seeds, vinegar or nuts. It’s equally as good as a stand-alone lunch with a bit of sliced chicken breast added. Give it a try!
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 2 large bunches of fresh spinach, washed and dried (use the already washed, bagged spinach for quick prep)
- 1 quart of strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces or slivered almonds (toast almonds if desired)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (or celery seeds)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of minced onion flakes
- 1-2 teaspoons of Worcestershire
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup flavored vinegar (I like red wine, but balsamic works well too)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper quanto basta (“to taste”)
Place spinach in a large bowl and top with sliced strawberries and nuts.
In a small canning jar, mix all dressing ingredients together. Cover and shake well to combine.
Pour dressing over salad just before serving.