mirtillo pasticceria rustico
This rustic blueberry pastry is simple and fast! Three-ingredient filling and help from the store (frozen puff pastry) makes this sweet treat ideal for a weeknight dessert or for last-minute company.
Use the puff pastry sheet as you would homemade dough. Allow it to thaw in the fridge overnight or at room temperature a few hours before using. When it’s come to room temperature, roll out only slightly on a floured surface and fill with any fruit you have on hand.
This goes perfectly with a glass of dessert wine or a cup of coffee.
My new favorite coffee is Torrefazione Italia!
Recipe adapted from Midwest Living Magazine’s Fresh Blueberry Pie
Prep time: 15 minute prep; 50 minute bake time
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed in the refrigerator and brought to room temperature
- 2-4 tablespoons soft butter
- 2 pints fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fine dry bread crumbs (unseasoned)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Raw or powdered sugar for garnish
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Roll out the pastry on a floured surface and spread with the softened butter.
In a medium bowl, combine the blueberries, sugar and bread crumbs.
Add nuts. (optional)
Bake for 50 minutes until crust is golden and filling is bubbly.
Let cool and garnish with raw sugar crystals or a dusting of powdered sugar.