Bread machine recipe
This is from a basic bread recipe I was inspired to make after visiting Christiano’s in Green Lake, WI with my mother. We had a delicious pizza and went home with a loaf of rustic, Italian peasant bread. Mine isn’t quite the same airy texture because I don’t have a brick oven, but it turns out pretty good.
The basic recipe is a super easy bread machine recipe and only has 3 ingredients*. It makes a great everyday bread for having with meals. I added the golden raisins and nuts as a variation. Makes a wonderful breakfast bread toasted!
- 1 cup of tepid water (approx 85-90 degrees F)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (or 1 cup whole wheat + 2 cups all-purpose)
- 3 teaspoons bulk yeast granules
- 1 cup golden raisins
- ½ cup pecans (or any nut you desire)
- Place all ingredients in the bread machine in the order given.
- Put bread machine on dough cycle and let it run.
- Remove from machine.
- You can shape it into a large artisan loaf and put on a greased sheet pan, place in a large greased loaf pan, or place in 2 small greased loaf pans.