No need to buy bottled dressing! For the obvious reasons like cost and weird ingredients you can’t pronounce, you can make your own with just a few staple ingredients.
Try this easy, homemade vinaigrette to top salad or pasta. I just concoct this at will when I’m cooking, but I’ve tried to knock it out into measurable amounts for this recipe. The beauty of this is that you can adjust all the amounts to your liking. So start here and then tweak it to your taste!
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- ⅛ cup flavored balsamic vinegar - I use black mission fig (you can use regular balsamic, but the vinaigrette won’t taste quite as sweet)
- 1 tablespoon of my all-purpose Italian Seasoning herb mix (link to product under this recipe)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- A handful of fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, roughly chopped (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a jar that you can seal.
- Cover and shake well.
- Pour over your salad or warm pasta.
- **You can swap out the vinegar for any acidic ingredient like orange juice or lemon juice.
- Makes enough to dress a medium salad or about ½ pound of pasta.
My All-purpose Italian Seasoning herb mix. (Clicking link will open a new window; this product is toward the bottom of the page.)