I was standing with the fridge door open the other day, trying to decide what to make for lunch. I assessed my fixings – Italian salami, various cheeses, fresh spinach, and flour tortillas among other things. Maybe an Italian salami sandwich wrap?
Now I’m not much of a “sandwich for lunch” kinda gal – too much bread. But a wrap? Now that I can do!
Italian salami is all about pork fat baby! What can I tell you? We Italians like our pork fat. And hey, I put spinach on it.
So I layered my salami, cheese and spinach ingredients and wrapped it up. No pun intended. 🙂 Try this quick fix for your next lunch.
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 flour tortilla (small, 6″ round)
- 5 slices of sopressata salami; 3 sweet, 2 molinari (or genoa, hard or any other italian salami of your choice
- 1/4 cup shredded, flavorful cheese like aged provolone (whatever you have on hand, but more flavor is better!)
- a small handful of fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon of pesto (prepared or homemade)
Place flour tortilla on a plate and microwave on high for 5 seconds to warm
Spread the pesto on the tortilla.
Layer the salami on top of the pesto.
Top with cheese and spinach.
Roll it up and enjoy!
TIP: Fresh greens keep longer in the fridge if you wrap them in tinfoil.