Grilled fruit is just about my most favorite summer dessert. It’s super simple and really delicious. I love it because it’s a light ending to a grilled summer meal. You can throw the fruit on the warm grill when you’re done cooking your main dish and it will be ready to eat when you’re ready for dessert.
I like this paired with creamy yogurt, vanilla ice cream or sorbet. But it is just as good all by itself.
Print this recipe/page by using your browser’s print function.
Prep time:20 minutes
- 1 Pineapple or 4 pit fruits, halfed – peaches, nectarines, plums
- 2-3 teaspoons honey OR 1/2 stick melted butter with 2 teaspoons of brown sugar dissolved into it
- 1 pint of your favorite yogurt, ice cream or sorbet
- Sprinkle of cinnamon for garnish.
For the pineapple, cut skin and core away and cut pineapple into thick spears.
If you’re using pit fruits, half them and remove pit.
You can prepare this 2 ways:
1. Grill fruit on a warm or low heat grill. Remove and let cool. Serve with a scoop of your favorite yogurt or ice cream and a drizzle of honey. Garnish with cinnamon.
2. Dip fruit in melted butter and sugar mixture. Grill on warm or low heat grill. Serve with a scoop of your favorite yogurt or ice cream. Garnish with cinnamon.
Now you have no excuse for not serving dessert on a grillin’ night! It’s a simple, yet elegant choice.