Simplify your meal plan by making this feta bruschetta topping ahead of time and serve it at room temperature.
A flavorful topping paired with crispy, toasted bread makes an appealing pre-dinner snack. By making it ahead of time, all you’ll need to do when guests arrive is top and serve.
Crumbled gorgonzola may be substituted for the Feta cheese in this recipe if desired.
This recipe is courtesy of The Skinny Cheese™ Cookbook.
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 of a small onion or shallot, minced
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves, chopped (approximately 1/4 cup)
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped (grape or cherry tomatoes can be used)
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed or pasted (if you’re not a fan of garlic, use 1/2 a clove)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablspoons of olive oil
- 1 small red chili, chopped finely (optional)
- 1 cup of President® Fat Free Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 3-4 tablespoons of pine nuts, if desired
- 1/2 loaf of Italian Peasant, Tuscan or French bread, sliced into 1/2″ slices and toasted
- Olive oil for drizzling on bread
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Drizzle bread slices lightly with olive oil. Place on baking sheet and toast until golden brown and crisp, about 7-10 minutes. Remove from oven, cool, set aside.
Place all remaining ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
To serve, top each slice of bread with a spoonful of the bruschetta mixture.