This chocolate cheesecake is superbly rich, decadent and for the chocolate lover. I made it for my husband’s birthday.
He loved it and he’s a complete chocoholic! You can be sure it will meet with approval from the chocolate lovers in your family or among your friends.
It’s a simple recipe to satisfy an intense chocolate craving!
Prep Time: 50 minutes
- 24 Oreo Cookies, finely crushed (It’s almost an entire package and I used the ones with the chocolate filling to make it even more chocolately.)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 16 ounces low-fat cream cheese (not sure why I bothered, but I used Neufchâtel, a softer, lower fat cheese than regular cream cheese. Mascarpone would be a good choice also.)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- Chocolate shavings or mini chocolate chips for garnish, optional
Heat oven to 325 degrees F
While oven is preheating, put the oreo cookies and melted butter in a food processor and blend until it resembles fine crumbs
Press cookie crumbs into a 9-inch pie plate and bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until well blended.
Add chocolate and mix well.
Add eggs and mix just until blended.
Pour into cooled crust.
Garnish if desired
Bake for 40 minutes or until the center is almost set.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.